- Applicants of Visa are strongly advised to apply for Visa through the Official Tanzania Immigration Services Website (www.immigration.go.tz) ONLY and NOT through any other links;
- Applicant must ensure that his/her passport has a validity of at least six months and at least one unused visa page while making application;
- The Visa application will be processed within ten days, therefore applicants are strongly advised to observe the time frame while making their applications;
- Any application of Visa wrongly applied or which lacks sufficient attachment, may be rejected;
- Any applicant of Visa is assumed to have read and agreed to the terms and conditions stipulated in the Disclaimer. Therefore, applicant is required to read it carefully before making payment. The Disclaimer is available at the end of each application of Visa;
- No refund will be made in respect of any rejected visa application;
- The Tanzania Immigration Services Department may give or withhold reasons for rejection of Visa to the applicant;
- Visa regulations and conditions may be subject to change at any time without prior notification to the applicants.
- Applicants whose nationals fall under Referral Visa category are not advised to book flight tickets or make payments for any reservations in Tanzania before they get approval for their Visa. Applicants of Referral Visa are advised to apply at least two months before their date of travel.
Applicants are required to review the List of countries (from our website) which fall under Referral Visa from time to time as there might be some changes.
- Stateless persons and Refugees who hold Vienna Convention documents are also required to obtain referral visa prior to coming to Tanzania.
This visa is granted to foreign nationals for the purposes of visit, Leisure, Holiday, attending Conference as a participant, Humanitarian and charity activities, spouse visit and Family re-union, Health Treatment or any other purpose as may be determined by the issuing authority. Its validity is not exceeding three months for a single entry.
e- Transit Visa
This Visa may be issued to foreign nationals for the purpose of transiting through to another destination outside the United Republic for a period not exceeding seven days. The applicant of this visa may be required to provide proof of a Visa of the destination country and/or Onward flight ticket.
Transit Visa is strictly intended for those travellers whose purpose of entry is to pass through Tanzania, and cannot be used for tourism purposes.
This visa may be issued to those expatriates who wish to come for short-term assignments which in any way do not exceed 90 days. It may be issued to such foreign expatriates so as to allow them to enter in the United Republic of Tanzania for the following purposes;
- To conduct special assignments such as fixing/repairing machines or to run short term training, etc.
- To conduct professional roles such as auditing accounts etc;
- To conduct any other lawful business as may be determined by the Issuing Authority.
This Visa is neither renewable nor extendable unless a special permission is granted by the Commissioner General of immigration.
e-Multiple Entry Visa
This visa may be issued to foreign visitors who come for Official visits, Government Missions, family re-union or any other circumstances as may be determined by the Office of the Commissioner General of Immigration, which call for frequent visits to the United Republic of Tanzania. These are like Directors of Companies registered in Tanzania who do not reside in the country, Spouse or member of a family (Family re-union), Bilateral Agreement Representatives, Private or Government Consultants, etc.
The maximum validity of this Visa is twelve months. However, the holder of the Multiple Visa cannot stay in the country for 12 consecutive months. They are required to leave the country at most after every three months.
The Multiple Visa is not intended for those visitors coming on business purposes such as those described under Business Visa.
American nationals who wish to visit Tanzania for tourism or holiday purposes, they are advised to apply for this type of Visa.
This visa may be issued for a single entry or multiple entries to a holder of diplomatic, services or official passport or Travel Document of recognized International Organization who is on official duty and their Dependents. It can be also issued to a holder of ordinary passport or Travel document as it may be directed by the Commissioner General of Immigration and Commissioner of Immigration Zanzibar.
Applicants who fall under the Referral Visa category are advised, to firstly ask their host institutions to seek permission from the commissioner General of Immigration. Once the permission letter is granted, that is when the applicant can start applying online, and he/she should attach the permission letter as one of the attachments. The host institution’s covering letter must detail the purpose and duration of visit of the prospective visitor, and letter should be addressed to the Commissioner General of immigration, S.L.P 512, Dar es Salaam or Commissioner of immigration Zanzibar, S.L.P 1354, Zanzibar, as the case may be.
Applicants whose nationals fall under this category (Referral) are not advised to book flight tickets or make payments for any reservations in Tanzania before they get approval for their Visa. Applicants of Referral Visa are advised to apply at least two months before their date of travel.
Applicants or host Institutions are required to review the List of countries (from our website) which fall under Referral Visa from time to time as there might be some changes.
Stateless persons and Refugees who hold Vienna Convention documents are also required to obtain referral visa prior to coming to Tanzania.
TYPES OF VISA
VISA FEES IN USD
ORDINARY VISA (SINGLE ENTRY)
MULTIPLE ENTRY VISA
Visa Payment Method
An Applicant can make payment of visa fee online through one of the following methods:
- By Visa card/By Master card; and
- By Swift transfer (i.e. depositing money directly into bank account at the bank counter).
After making fee payment, an Applicant will receive a notification that his payment has been received.
How to Apply for a Visa Online
- Visit the Immigration Services Website ()
- Click “e-services” button;
- Select and click “e-Visa Application Form”;
- Fill all required details in the form;
- Upload and attach the applicant’s scanned relevant documents for the Visa;
- Then, the applicant will receive an e-mail message containing User Identification Number (that may be used to track the application online);
- After completion of filling an online visa application form, the applicant will have to pay for a for respective visa fee;
- Upon successful payment, the applicant will submit his application;
- Lastly, the applicant will receive a message of confirmation of his application being received.
For more information please contact the following E-mails: