Where a passport is lost, stolen or severely damaged, application for replacement shall be accompanied by the following:
- Police Loss Report;
- Copy of advertisement published in a newspaper;
- A Letter detailing the circumstances for the loss, stolen or burnt of the passport. (The letter should be addressed to the Commissioner General of Immigration, PO.BOX 1181, Dodoma);
- Sworn declaration of the circumstances surrounding the LOSS, THEFT OR DAMAGE of Passport).
- An applicant birth certificate or an Affidavit of birth;
- The birth’s certificate of the father or mother of the applicant or certificate of naturalization;
- Evidence of the applicant’s trip;
- 1 recent photographs (with light blue background) of the applicant;
For those who lost their Passport outside Tanzania, they must submit the Emergence Travel Document issued to them at the Embassy/High Commission to facilitate their coming back;
If the Passport was burnt, an introduction letter from the Chairman of the Ward Executive Office and the repot from the Fire Brigade and Rescue Force must be submitted.